Saturday, November 22, 2008

The thing about America...


This is a picture my friend Sheryl took while we were hanging out at the city park a couple weeks ago. As you can tell, EG's hair is getting long-we're going for her first hair cut in a little while! I'll post some photos soon!
Well, we left the NC fall and headed straight into a WV winter wonderland. We drove through the snow and arrived at Andy's parents' home-covered in several inches of snow! It's been really really cold here and it's snowed twice already. We're moved into our little house just a mile from his parents and it's just splendid! It's cozy and has a little fireplace and everything! It's gonna be great for EG to get into a routine again and get ready for the little addition heading our way soon. We don't have Internet at our house so my blogging will be limited-but I'm gonna try to keep up. I'll post some pictures of our Norwood Rd house really soon.
I went to the doctor this week and he said said I'm definitely having a baby. He said I was measuring about 3 cm smaller than I should but he thinks that it's because Buffy has already dropped. (I totally agree-I can actually breathe now!) He thinks he's about 7 lbs right now-but there are no signs he's coming any time soon. So we're just hanging out and enjoying every precious night of good sleep we can. Plus I'm also enjoying the freedom to go and do-which will be pretty much obsolete once our little man gets here.
Speaking of going and doing-I like America, I really do. And I like going and doing-i.e. shopping. But I just don't know how to live in this country-how do you Americans do it? I mean, first of all-it took me 3 hours to buy groceries yesterday. The store is so big and there are like 40 different types of Tide-how do you ever decide which one is right for your family's needs? I got really confused and kept walking up and down the entire store looking for items I'd forgotten. By the time I got to veggies I was so tired and had to pee so badly that I almost gave up-it was 11:00pm at that point. But the thought of having to go back just for a few veggies gave me the boost I needed to finish the job. I guess it's just that I've never lived in America as a cooking wife and mom and I don't really know how to live here. (Andy and I lived in America after we got married for about 6 months but I didn't really cook then so the grocery store was a non-issue.) So, kudos to all you American moms out there-conquering meal planning and grocery shopping in this country is quite a feat! Funny that China, with all it's inconvenenices somehow seems simpler to me-guess it's just what you're used to-and I'm not used to 80 kinds of spaghetti. I finally landed on thin wheat spaghetti.
Ok, well we're off to cut the Bean's bangs. Hope you are doing well!

No comments: